I've had one of the most interesting days that I can remember today. Darren Lindley came today(by the way if you get a chance to ever meet him, do it), and taught on how to hear from God and what and how to do "acts of obedience". So we pray and all of these strange pictures and colors and words come pouring out of us. I had a vision of a white house with green trim. Other people had yellow and a pile of rocks fred meyer and wal-mart. It was pretty strange so we hopped in the van and took off listening to the Holy Spirit to tell us where to go.
First, we passed this street and a few of us had this impression to turn around and go back. Amberlee and Hannah met this brother and sister whose family are having financial struggles and different health issues. The girls prayed for them and then we felt the need to split. One group felt like it needed to go to Wal-mart and we felt we needed to go to Fred Meyer. Once we got going again we wondered around for a while and finally got to Freddy's. On the way there, Sporting Goods popped into my head. As you all know me I'm a but of an outdoors freak and I was wondering if that was in the flesh or if it was God. Well Kyle and I headed towards the SG's dep while James felt he needed to stay behind. We got there and there was no one around. I was wondering what the heck was going on. We kind of looked at each other and asked if the other was hearing from God. Kyle had been reminded of something Amberlee had mentioned earlier about New Life. God showed him that it was going to be a mother and her young baby and that God wanted to tell her that her Husband cares for her. The very second those words had left his mouth I looked over his shoulder and there was this young woman with a baby in her cart. It was so unnerving just because of the situation and now we are going to have to go and talk to this lady and I have never done anything like this before.
So we go over to her and start talking to her. Turns out she is a Christian and that she didnt need any prayer. Kyle told her about God tell her that her husband cares for her. and The conversation ended awkwardly and we went on our way but the thing is that we were obedient and God had a point to telling her that so There maybe something coming up in the future but know she'll be able to stand upon the word that God had given her through us. Past that we really didn't get anything else. The other group had a powerful experience that included the white house that I saw, so that excited me. It was just a really powerful day that showed me I really can hear the voice of God and he guides and directs me everyday.
Benjamin "Buster" Smith
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment