This was the case for Ben "buster" Smith and myself. We found ourselves in Fred Meyer's sporting goods section looking for some one who at first was not there, because we really didn't know who we where looking for, all we knew was we needed to be there. Then God gave me some more insight, He tells me that we need to look for "new life" and a woman. So this told me that we should be looking for a woman with a newborn baby, and He told me that I needed to tell her that her husband cares. Just as I finished telling Ben what God had told me Ben points to a woman behind me and says "like her". So I turned around and I just knew that it indeed was her and I was at that moment of having no choice, I had to go tell her what God had said. So in the most normal way we possibly can think of Ben and I told her that we where christians and we wanted to know if there was anything we could pray for. I wish I could say that she then broke down and confessed all her sins and became a follower of Christ, but I cant because she already was a Christian and told us that she had no prayer needs. At this point I just wanted to leave it at that and call it a day, but I knew that I had to tell her the rest of the reason we had approached her. So I told her God wanted us to let her know that her husband cares. By this point to be honest I was wishing for some kind of reaction but there was non and she just stood there. Not knowing what to do next and knowing we had done all God asked us to do we told her to have a good day and walked away.
In many ways I could count this as a loss, but I know that for one Ben and I where used by God, and second I can't help but feel that she needed to hear what we told her even if she didn't realize it at that moment. No matter what the outcome was God was and is amazing because He showed up today and led Ben and I on a adventure.
Kyle Cook (cookboy)
No comments:
Post a Comment