This trip has been pretty sweet. This evening I met a guy who knows a guy that I met at Chi Alpha in Moscow, ID three years ago. I told him that my sister is up there now and knows his friend, confused yet? They gentleman here said that this the second random connection in the past week. Crazy!
Well, aside from random connections, this trip has been great because we have bonded pretty well as a team. A few nights ago we had a girls night, and the guys copied us and then joined us at our movie after theres was over. As a team we have been met with some huge obstacles among each other as well as spiritual challenges.
God is good. For me, there is the occasions for me to step outside my comfort zone and just rest in the place that God has laid before me. For all of us, we have expressed our difficulties and have tried to encourage one another in the things of God.
The things that we are doing here we can apply when we return to Poky. There are three new -be's to Pocatello this semester that are on the trip and it is crazy how it happened, but we are all making connections with people that plug us into the campus and give us a good fellowship base.
We are getting really comfortable with each other. . . like real brothers and sisters. We have shared meals and a bazillion stories with one another and laughed too much. Like grown-up kids we have cleaned, learned and read. We write, we sing, and I do not feel so uneasy about singing in public.
Tomorrow we are going to Portland, I have never been there, and so I am so excited. I love big cities and Oregon is so beautiful. I am so short on words, and am very distracted as I write during this bonding moment around me.
"don't ever say stupendous" with a -Barney voice
Well. I should go because I cannot think but I will write more later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment